Economy and Innovation. Madrid business capital
Madrid hosts the main companies in Spain
Madrid is home to most of the headquarters of the largest Spanish companies: 38% of all companies and 18 companies belong to the IBEX 35 stock index. Most companies have more than 1,000 employees.
Strategic mobility infrastructures
Strategic location: 175 airport connections, the second high-speed rail network in the world, 46 radio connections between Spain and Portugal. Madrid is a powerful city for attracting talent from LATAM and constitutes a connection bridge with Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Madrid, where information is born
The Madrid educational system presents high quality standards: high added value university education, prestigious international business schools and numerous bilingual schools.
Madrid, economic engine of Spain
Competitive environment combined with strong productivity rates and low unemployment rates compared to the European average. Madrid is an excellent region for attract new companies.
Madrid, business attraction
Low tax and tax rates allow an attractive tax environment for international companies.
Quality of life
There are multiple international studies on the high quality of life in the city. A leading healthcare system and certain indicators make Madrid rank in the top 10 best cities to live in.
A capital city of sustainable mobility
A global Madrid
- That affects all sources of pollutant emissions.
- Give coverage to the entire city through a cohesive and scalable strategy.
- That it coordinate the action of the state, regional and municipal administration to jointly develop initiatives.
A sustainable Madrid
- That promotes sustainable environmental displacements.
- To maintain the capacity to generate activity and economic dynamism.
- That meets the objectives established in European environmental regulations.
An efficient Madrid
- That integrates the mobility system around public transport and intermobility.
- That provides easy and fast intermodal routes.
- To continually review and improve proposed initiatives.
- That integrates all modes of mobility.
An intelligent Madrid
- That uses technology as a lever to promote public and intermodal transport.
- That drives the reduction of energy consumption through monitoring the consumption of infrastructure and buildings.
- That it reports in a clear and digital way the state of the progress of the plan, new regulations and air quality.
A healthy Madrid
- That affects the mobility habits of citizens.
- That it grows incorporating responsible consumption measures.
- That it improves the environmental quality of public spaces.
- That favors the healthy habits of people.
An accessible Madrid
- That it avoid discriminatory measures with a view to its implantation among the different groups of the city.
- May it reach all citizens.
- That it be designed with co-responsibility between the administration and the citizens.
- That facilitates access to information and ensures transparency.
INVEST IN MADRID
Urban model s. XXI. Present and future
1. Madrid Nuevo Norte:
The largest urban regeneration intervention in Europe
2. Campamento Operation:
10,700 housing and 1,500,000 square meters.
One of the largest green areas in Spain. Housing, companies and green areas.
4. Southeast developments:
Ahijones, Los Berrocales, Los Cerros and Valdecarros. More than 40 million square meters and 105,000 housing.
5. Urban Regeneration:
- “Nudo Manoteras” and M-11, M-30, A-1 knot.
- “Paseo de la Dirección”. New Districts.
- Colonia Barrio Aeropuerto.
- Cañada Real Galiana.
6. Urban renewal
- Bernabéu – Azca
- Eje Prado – Recoletos
- Plaza España
- Urban section A-5
- Operation Mahou – Calderón